Friday, June 10, 2011

Lauren Alaina & Scotty McCreery On Launching their Country Careers


Not too long ago two teenage kids from Georgia and North Carolina were just like the rest of us.

Lauren was a high school cheerleader and worked at CiCi's Pizza and Scotty was a pitcher for his baseball team,worked at Lowes Food Store. Scotty back in 2009 went to Nashville with his church on a mission trip.

"We were re-roofing houses. I didn't get a chance to go downtown."

On being in Nashville and what this next year has in store for her, Lauren tells the Tennessean

"I'll probably start out opening up for someone, or something. That would be my guess. But I don't know anything about any of this. It's going to be news for me."

On Getting a record deal.

"I got a record deal at 16. That's weird. My style is really similar to Carrie Underwood, like a blend of Carrie Underwood and Miranda Lambert, but I have to try not to be just like them. I have to be different from everyone else."

As for Scotty  he says," I tried to move away from some of that in the show." (on moving away from just his lower range)

He says that he might sound like Josh Turner and Randy Travis. "I might sound like them, kind of, but it'll be a different career. They're older, well established guys. And there have been country female teens, but not a male country male teen. There's going to be a lot of work for me to get out of this and hit the ground running. I'm trying to put my foot in the door."

Scotty says, "The rodeo has just begun"

No comments:

Post a Comment