Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Lauren On Songwriting & Those Pesky Dating Rumors & More


Lauren sat down with The Boot to chat about if any of her songs (that she has written) will be on her album, the first time she heard "Like My Mother Does" on the radio.  Here's a preview!

"How often do you write?"
Lauren: I write as much as I can, but I've been really busy lately, so I've got to get back into it. I want to write with Taylor Swift! But I think that's kind of impossible. [laughs] And Miranda Lambert, Carrie Underwood -- I like that they're singers and writers, too ... I just want to meet those people! [laughs]

"Now that you're putting together an album, will you insist that some of your self-penned songs make the track list?"
Lauren:"We're still in the process of figuring things out. If I could do some of my songs, that would be cool. But I have to do whatever is best for my album."

"When was the first time you heard 'Like My Mother Does' on the radio?"
Lauren: "It was on my way to Nashville on Monday! We were riding in the car and I heard [imitating a radio deejay], "Coming up next is Lauren Alaina, our hometown sweetheart!" They played my song, and I was crying!"

"You've had to shoot down pesky rumors that you're dating Scotty. Is that starting to annoy you, or do you just laugh it off?"Lauren:"It's not annoying. I asked for it! [laughs] I kissed him on live TV! So I can't get annoyed when I did that. It's my fault. I was just excited and happy for him. We're friends, like brother and sister. It wasn't like [fakes a deep, sultry voice], "Come here and let me lay a smooch on you!" [laughs]"

To Read More just click (The Boot) at the top!

No comments:

Post a Comment