Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Scotty Chats about Faith,Moving to Nashville & More


The Boot caught up with Scotty in Nashville this past week at CMA Fest! Here's a preview!

"What kind of pressure comes with having won American Idol?"

Scotty: "It's a lot of pressure. Just the title of 'American Idol' is something that people can look up to. I'm not Saint Scott, I'm not Mr. Perfect but I want to be that role model. I want to go down the same road that Carrie Underwood did -- kinda separate myself from 'Idol.' Because when you think of Carrie Underwood now, you don't think "'American Idol' Season Four winner," you just think "Carrie Underwood." I want to cross that bridge. There's a lot of pressure and work that goes into it, but I'm looking forward to it."

 "Your faith plays such an important part in your life. Will it play a part in the music you record?"Scotty:"One thing I love about Josh Turner is his faith, that's why I looked up to him so much. All the albums he's had have had at least one Christian song, like 'The Answer' on his last album and 'Long Black Train.' So I'm hoping to have that on my album -- that one Christian song."

"How do you think your young age might help you versus how it might hurt you in country music?"Scotty:"I'm not sure if it's going to help me or hurt me. Teen males have never really made it in country music, so it's going to be tough for me. I've talked to people who've laid out a game plan, but there's no formula for me. We can't go by what other guys are doing who are 40 years old in this industry. We have to go by something totally new and hope it works. I'm looking forward to seeing how the country world embraces a teen male country singer."

For More please click on (The Boot) at the top!

No comments:

Post a Comment